Join a growing force in your community creating positive change with trauma-sensitive yoga, movement, and meditation!
Study with experts in the field, and cover topics such as social justice and yoga, trauma-informed instructional strategies, boundaries, and self care.
This training is for anybody wanting to learn trauma-informed, somatic tools. Past participants have included yoga instructors, medical professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, detention staff and people who want to deepen their own practice.
Registration is hosted through Breitenbush Hot Springs.
Find registration, lodging, and more information here.
Sunday, March 29 – Wednesday April 1, 2020
Breitenbush Hot Springs Retreat and Conference Center
53000 Breitenbush Rd SE, Detroit, OR 97342 (MAP)
Sunday, March 29 – dinner time arrival
Monday, March 30, 12pm-5:30pm
Tuesday, March 31, 8:30am-5pm
Wednesday, April 1, 8:30am-2:30pm
(There will be a one-hour lunch break each day.)
What you can expect:
- Three days of natural hot springs, nourishing vegetarian fare, and beautiful lodging and facilities deep in the Willamette National Forest.
- A brave space for self-exploration, growth, and community building
- Thorough preparation to offer trauma informed yoga and meditation in jail, prison or any other setting to foster connection, safety, and healing. Including:
- Boundary training
- Verbal adjustments and languaging
- Time with current YBB instructors
- Culture inside prisons
- Training on race and social justice and skills for working in environments of suffering/trauma in a sustainable and just way
- Inspiration and community
- The 70+ page Yoga Behind Bars manual, valued at $75
- 17 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance
$510 ($460 if registered by 1/29) + lodging
Lodging fee acts as deposit at time of registration.
Please contact Breitenbush directly for cancellation policies and payment options. (503) 854-3320
Roisin McGlynn is one of YBB’s volunteer instructors at the Maleng Regional Justice Center, a county jail south of Seattle. Read her story about the impact of trauma-informed yoga on our students – and their impact on her.
Welcome YBB’s newest trauma informed trainers!
Join us in Minneapolis for our Trauma-Informed Yoga training: January 31-February 2, 3030