Join a community creating positive change with trauma-sensitive yoga, movement, and meditation!
Study with experts in the field, and cover topics such as social justice and yoga, trauma-informed instructional strategies, boundaries, and self care.
This training is for anybody wanting to learn trauma-informed, somatic tools. Past participants have included yoga instructors, medical professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, detention staff and people who want to deepen their own practice.
This training and this work are what the world needs more of. ” –YBB Trainee Olympia 2018
Friday, May 29 – Sunday, May 31
6101 W 38th Ave – Denver, CO 80033 (Map)
Friday, May 29: 10am – 5pm
Saturday, May 30: 8:30am – 4pm
Sunday, May 31: 8:30am – 2:30pm
(There will be a one-hour lunch break each day.)
Sliding scale from $435-635, a limited number of scholarships are available for people of color, formerly incarcerated folks, and partial work/trade by request
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
• A brave container for self-exploration, growth, and community
• Thorough preparation to offer trauma-informed yoga tools
• Trauma-informed yoga, language and neuroscience
• Understanding mass incarceration and how we got here
• Examining race, social justice, and our biases
• 17 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance
• 60 page Yoga Behind Bars manual
“This training is a must if you are going to be teaching anything anywhere!”
-YBB Trainee, Chicago – 2019
Training fees: Sliding Scale*
*It is our hope that offering a sliding scale will help us grow a strong and sustainable teaching community. If you can ask others for financial support, such as family members, partners, or friends, please consider using those personal resources before you choose the access level of the sliding scale. Many of our past participants have successfully fundraised in their communities to cover their training fees.
Payment/Cancellation Policy Payments in installments, scholarships for people of color, formerly incarcerated, and partial work/exchange available, please contact us for more information.
- Please note that we ask for a $40 administrative fee from all participants
- If you need to cancel your registration:
- Up to 14 days before training, you will get reimbursed in full, minus a $40 administrative fee
- Cancellations within 14 days of the training will be refunded 50%
- Cancellations within 7 days of the training will not be reimbursed, except in case of emergency
Join us for a free info session to learn more about YBB!
Roisin McGlynn is one of YBB’s volunteer instructors at the Maleng Regional Justice Center, a county jail south of Seattle. Read her story about the impact of trauma-informed yoga on our students – and their impact on her.
Join us for our Trauma-Informed Yoga Training at Breitenbush Hot Springs! March 29-April 1, 2020