Join a growing force in your community creating positive change with trauma-sensitive yoga, movement, and meditation!
Study with experts in the field, and cover topics such as social justice and yoga, trauma-informed instructional strategies, boundaries, and self care.
This training is for anybody wanting to learn trauma-informed, somatic tools. Past participants have included yoga instructors, medical professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, detention staff and people who want to deepen their own practice.
This training and this work are what the world needs more of. ” –YBB Trainee Olympia 2018
Wednesday, October 30 – Friday, November 1, 2019
Pacific Law Group, 6th Floor Conference Room – 1191 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (MAP)
Wednesday, October 30 – 8am-4pm
Thursday, October 31 – 8am-4pm
Friday, November 1 – 8am-3pm
(There will be a one-hour lunch break each day.)
Sliding scale from $395-595, a limited number of scholarships are available for people of color, formerly incarcerated folks, and partial work/trade by request.
What you can expect:
- A brave space for self-exploration, growth, and community building
- Thorough preparation to offer trauma informed yoga and meditation in jail, prison or any other setting to foster connection, safety, and healing. Including:
- Boundary training
- Verbal adjustments and languaging
- Time with current YBB instructors
- Culture inside prisons
- Training on race and social justice and skills for working in environments of suffering/trauma in a sustainable and just way
- Inspiration and community
- The 60+ page Yoga Behind Bars manual, valued at $75
- 17 hours of CE credit with Yoga Alliance
Training fees: Sliding Scale*
*It is our hope that offering a sliding scale will help us grow a strong and sustainable teaching community. If you can ask others for financial support, such as family members, partners, or friends, please consider using those personal resources before you choose the access level of the sliding scale. Many of our past participants have successfully fundraised in their communities to cover their training fees.
Payment/Cancellation Policy Payments in installments, scholarships for people of color, formerly incarcerated, and partial work/exchange available, please contact us for more information.
- Please note that we ask for a $40 administrative fee from all participants
- If you need to cancel your registration:
- Up to 14 days before training, you will get reimbursed in full, minus a $40 administrative fee
- Cancellations within 14 days of the training will be refunded 50%
- Cancellations within 7 days of the training will not be reimbursed, except in case of emergency
Join us in Minneapolis for our Trauma-Informed Yoga training: January 31-February 2, 3030
Join us in Olympia for our Trauma-Informed Yoga training: April 24-April 26, 2020
Join us in Spokane for our Trauma-Informed Yoga training: February 15-17, 2020